Saturday, November 19, 2011

Keeping your shoulders healthy

Hi all!

Here's a quick video showing a handful of basic shoulder / rotator cuff exercises that I do (and you should too) to keep yourself from a nasty shoulder injury that those of us that are climbers are very prone to.

A few years ago I over worked a hard gaston move on a route and after many strenuous repetitions I did minor damage to my rotator cuff and needed some time off. Doing these exercises every day or two as well as doing a fully balanced exercise program (like our Total Circuits) will hopefully keep you further from injury than I was.

So here's the video. Check out the 5 exercises I show in there and try doing each one twice for 10 reps on the minute with your stopwatch for a 10 minute shoulder workout.



Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

Duncan.



No comments:

Post a Comment